How to Make Crispy and Soft Lachha Paratha?
A well-known paratha variation from Pakistan is the lachha paratha or lachhadar paratha. But do you know how to make crispy and soft Lachha Paratha? The whole wheat paratha is produced with dough made from whole wheat flour, salt, and ghee or oil.
The numerous visible flaky, crispy, and soft-and-tender layers make this paratha remarkable and distinctive. It is a crunchy and flaky layered flatbread. From the exterior, the layers are discernible. The paratha will melt on your tongue as you begin to chew it, and you’ll notice that the layers are peeling off one at a time.
Most significantly, it is traditionally only cooked in ghee. However, any type of cooking oil is now utilized. Sometimes a little amount of ghee is added to the oil. Besides being crispy, it is also incredibly flavorful. Wheat and all-purpose flour are typically used to make paratha.
|1||1 cup wheat flour/atta|
|2||1 cup maida|
|3||3/4 teaspoon salt|
|4||1 teaspoon sugar|
|5||Baking soda, a pinch (optional)|
|6||2 tbsp. oil|
|7||Milk, 1/2 cup (warm)|
|8||As needed water (to knead)|
3 ways to prepare Paratha
1: To prepare Dough
|1||(White chakki flour) sifted 3 Cups|
|2||Maida (All-purpose flour) sifted 1 Cup|
|3||Sooji (Semolina) ½ Cup|
|4||Namak (Salt) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste|
|5||Sugar powdered 1 & ½ tbs|
|6||Ghee (Clarified butter) 2-3 tbs|
|7||Lukewarm water 1 & ½ Cup or as required|
|8||Ghee (Clarified butter) 1 tsp|
2: Garlic Lacha Paratha (Prepare Garlic Flavored Ghee)
|1||Ghee (Clarified butter) 5-6 tbs|
|2||Lal Mirch (Red chili) crushed 2 tsp|
|3||Leshan (Garlic) chopped 3 tbs|
|4||Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped 1 tbs|
|5||Ghee (Clarified butter) 1-2 tsp|
|6||Tandoori Lacha Paratha (Paratha Tandoori Flavored Ghee):|
|7||Ghee (Clarified butter) 5-6 tbs|
|8||Tandoori masala 1 tbs|
|9||Lemon juice ½ tbs|
|10||Hara dhania (Fresh coriander) chopped 2-3 tbs|
|11||Ghee (Clarified butter) 1-2 tsp|
3: Mint Lacha Paratha (Prepare Mint Flavored Ghee)
|1||Podina (Mint leaves) 1 Cup (wash & pat dry properly)|
|2||Ghee (Clarified butter) 5-6 tbs|
|3||Hari Mirch (Green chili) chopped 2 tbs|
|4||Sukha podina (Dried mint) 3 tbs|
|5||Ghee (Clarified butter) 1-2 tsp|
Making a lachha paratha is simple. The dough is repeatedly folded and pleated to create these layers. There are several methods for obtaining numerous layers. I’m going to share a technique I frequently employ.
The paratha is typically rolled out to a medium thickness. However, if you make them thicker, more layers will be visible. In this case, you must cook the paratha really thoroughly to prevent it from being undercooked on the interior.
1. Make a tiny hole in the center of the flour in a large basin after sieving it all together.
2. Add the salt, sugar, and milk powder now.
3. They must be well combined until they resemble crumbles.
4. When kneading soft dough that appears sticky, gradually add water. Make a ball out of it by adding some ghee or butter, and then place it back into the bowl.
5. Set aside for around 15 minutes to relax.
6. Take the dough out of the bowl and give it another minute of kneading with greasy hands.
7. Grab some additional flour to sprinkle on the platter.
8. Then roughly split the dough into equal portions (the size of the balls depending on the thickness of the Roti you want to produce)
9. Take one ball of dough and flatten it out with the aid of a rolling pin into an about 5- to 6-inch-diameter circle before brushing it with butter or ghee and dusting with flour.
10. The hard step now is to fold the roti into a fan shape till you reach the end. Then, holding the dough by its two opposing ends, tap it on the counter to extend it.
11. Roll the roti gently in a snail-like motion, gently tuck the end into the center, cover, and chill for 20 minutes.
12. The Tava needs 10 minutes to warm up.
13. Place the paratha in the pan, add 1 tablespoon of ghee, and heat it over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes before flipping.
14. Use more ghee or butter if necessary. Add one more tablespoon and fry until golden brown. Another 2 to 3 minutes of cooking.
15. With each of the remaining dough balls, follow the same procedure.
16. Lachha paratha is prepared to be served with omelet and kebab.
As a result, this crispy lachha paratha is simple but a little bit tricky dish. But you can make this by following our given instructions. Don’t forget to review the recipe if you’ve tried this Lachha Paratha dish. To see what’s new in food and cooking, you can also visit our mesmerizing minced chicken lollipop recipe, if you want to try new and delicious dishes.
You May Like More